Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Purpose of the Beyond RPGs Blog

Hi there,

My name is Tyler and this is my new RPG blog! I'm a huge fan of tactical RPGs and console style RPGs. I'm also a huge fan of video games in general, but I decided to make this blog a very focused effort. And so I present to you the purpose of the Beyond RPGs Blog. The reason I called it "Beyond RPGs" is that I wanted to exaggerate the fact that I deal with topics far outside the scope of what some RPG bloggers may deal with. I will write articles about far more than what they may deal with, and I hope to inform people of games they may not know about due to certain companies' lack of distribution and marketing abilities.

For example, the company Nippon Ichi Software America has recently become somewhat known, they are still quite obscure, however, when compared to a company like the mega-known Square-Enix. I'm going to touch upon subjects that pertain to lesser known companies like Nippon Ichi. Atlus is another company that used to be in the same bag as Nippon Ichi but is now a very popular RPG company. Back in the SNES days and a bit past then they were very underground - and this is back before the Internet and informative blogging existed in the first place!

I'm digressing somewhat, but the point remains, I hope to not only inform people about the lesser known RPG companies like Nippon Ichi and Atlus (the Atlus of the past, at least...) but also give tips on playing RPGs and write reviews about RPGs. I'm going to do my best to keep you guys up to date with what I'm playing and the ways I've discovered to break the systems of the games! Also, just because the focus of the blog is on newer games that are somewhat obscure (namely: not by Squeenix), doesn't mean I won't touch upon the ultra-popular and incredibly fun (but easy) Final Fantasy series.

I'm not sure what the topic of my next post will be, but check back to see, I will post when I can. I have a few ideas cooking up in my head... I'll see which one I pursue!

No comments:

 
Video Games Top Blogs